How It Works
Features and Benefits
Trimble Marine Construction systems are flexible, high-performance positioning systems that meet the unique needs of marine construction on both simple and complex projects.
Trimble Marine Construction systems for clamshell dredging applications help dredge operators improve productivity and efficiency. The operator has a real-time overview of the crane, tool and barge in plan and profile views. Displays include the bucket position, bucket open/close status, bucket depth along with the surveyed and design depths.
- Robust and reliable solutions maximize uptime
- Dredge tolerance visualization provides guidance for accurate, efficient dredging productivity
- Third-party laser sensor for non-vertical cable tracking
- Diking mode facilitates material placement operations
Real-Time Visualization and Monitoring
Real-time views of the dredger in plan and profile view displays the clamshell, design depths and color-coded Digital Terrain Model (DTM). The DTM highlights the high and low spots relative to grade and is updated in real-time tracking the progress of the dredging work. The update follows the shape of the clamshell and is visible immediately in all the views. The system also shows the open/close status of the bucket. A built-in calibration procedure allows for easy calibration of the cable counters.
- Supports real time sonar inputs providing as-building capability
- Continuous data logging for as-building and volume reports
- Precise RTK can be used for precise tide and heave calculation
Real-Time Seafloor and Design
Up/down indicators show the operator the exact distance to the seafloor and design depth during movement. The software supports complex 3D designs.
Sonar imaging for underwater visualization
Add eyes below the water with Teledyne Marine sonars for real-time data visualization.
Multiple monitors with independent layouts can be tailored to the needs of the dredge operator. A color-coded plan view and 3D view highlights high and low spots. The surface Digital Terrain Model (DTM) is updated in real-time registering the progress of the dredging work showing depth, differential and production models all updated according to progress of the clamshell crane attachment.
- Administrator can configure the screens for a specific workflow/user and lock it down for the operator
- Create machine or vessel shapes or import models from CAD software, including the 3D modeling tool SketchUp
Meet Our Customers
Learn how customers around the globe are using Trimble technology to be more efficient and profitable.